Click to view moreClick to view more

$1.91 Million Construction Contract to Elevate 9 Flood-Prone Homes by FEMA

Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:10AM

Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News

BCNews Logo

 

 


Last month, the Federal Emergency Management Agency approved a $2.5 million grant for New Smyrna Beach to rebuild and elevate 17 flood-prone homes to reduce damage and loss from severe storm flooding.

June 8th, the city commission approved another grant of $1.91 million to elevate 9 more flood-prone homes. 75% of the cost is being reimbursed by the Federal Management Agency while the remaining 25% will be split between homeowners and the city.

Besides the approval of the contract, little was said on the topic.

Stay connected to NewSmyrnaBeachConnection.com for future updates!


Bookmark & Share



User Comments


Be the first to comment on this post below!


Join Our
Mailing List!
For the latest specials, events and more! Click here to join
Area Map